Dear friend! If You are dreaming of becoming a true professional in the field of power engineering, then the “Control, Protection, and Automation of Electric Power Systems” educational program is for You. An exciting journey into the energy world awaits You, where you will gain valuable knowledge, as well as learn how to develop useful projects using the SMART GRID technologies related to the development of automation systems, protection, information support of energy objects and application software for modern information management systems. Here You will be assisted by a highly qualified teaching staff, as well as a friendly student community.
The main advantage of our professionals, among other things, is understanding the complex processes that take place in the energy sector and the latest computer technologies that save resources, time, and take those processes to a new quality level. The working partnership with universities in the US, Canada, and Western Europe allows our students to obtain a double European diploma, participate in international projects, conferences and gain valuable experience that will help them to realize their skills and knowledge in their professional activities. Make the right choice – join the Department of Power Systems Automation. Become a real pro!
- “Control, Protection, and Automation of Electric Power Systems” is one of the newest educational programs by which specialists are prepared for solving scientific, technical and production problems in the field of control of production, distribution and consumption of electricity.
- The PSA department has six educational and research laboratories, equipped with advanced computing and microprocessor protection and automation equipment, telecommunication support and control systems from the world’s leading companies. Specialized training centers, existing on the basis of the department, serve as a laboratory base and subject environment for the implementation of course and diploma projects.
- This training program opens up great opportunities for graduates to find employment and interesting work in international electric power companies, research and design institutes, institutions and firms such as Siemens, Schneider Electric, ABB and numerous Ukrainian companies, whose basic activity is related to the development and operation of information security, computer technology, protection and automation systems.
- Senior students have the opportunity to receive, in parallel, a second higher education, including abroad, to undergo military training and to participate in the research work of the department.
Admission of foreign citizens to the National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” is based on the results of placement testing on the basis of the Contract signed by the University administration with the applicant or other higher education institution with physical or juridical persons; admission is possible on the basis of international agreements by letters of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and in frames of government order.
Bachelor Degree is the education and qualification level of higher education, which provides a theoretical knowledge and practical skills sufficient to successfully perform of professional duties in chosen specialty.
Admission of foreign citizens to the Bachelor Degree program is carrying out on a competitive basis and in the form of a placement testing.
The main requirements for admission of a foreign citizen to complete Bachelor Degree program are:
- possession of a document certifying a senior secondary education;
- language skills at a sufficient level for training, which is confirmed by a certificate of completion of the Preparatory Department;
- satisfactory state of health;
- personally submit an application and documents for receipt from July 1 to October 15.
Admission of foreign citizens for the 1st year of the Igor Sikorsky KPI is carried out provided:
- availability of full secondary education;
- successful entrance examination (interviews);
- university invitation.
Foreign citizens who have received a certificate of full secondary education in Ukraine and certificates of foreign language training on the relevant subjects have the right to enter the first course of all forms of education without an interview on a competitive basis and on the basis of a signed agreement.
The complete list of required documents, terms and conditions for admission and other information for foreign applicants You can find on the website of Center for International Education of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute